With the success of the National Science Foundation’s I-Corps program, universities across the United States are adopting and implementing evidence-based entrepreneurship programs to encourage economic development and commercialization efforts at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
Given the high expectations for participating in an I-Corps Teams Cohort, the I-Corps South Team offers a preliminary screening exercise that simulates what can be expected during the national application process. We ensure that teams nominated from the Node are well-suited and prepared for the rigor and understanding needed for the national cohort. If you have teams that are ready to apply and would like to have them go through our screening process, please reach out to us!
“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” -Aristotle
What to Expect
Instructor Academy is designed to share both methodologies and instructor strategies for success, tactical classroom management techniques, and other tools to successfully host an evidence-based entrepreneurship course. The course covers program modification opportunities and the in-person sessions allow you to gather with peers from institutions and organizations throughout the country to discuss what works best when teaching I-Corps-styled curriculum.
The implementation of the I-Corps program has prompted the need for instructors trained in the I-Corps and Lean Startup methodologies. I-Corps South’s Instructor Academy was created to educate, coach, and support emerging instructors so that they can become well-versed in the Lean Startup methodology and deliver well-rounded I-Corps programs to teams of entrepreneurs.
I-Corps program tools and philosophies are readily available through the Creative Commons licensing, and books are available for purchase to learn the specifics of the Business Model Canvas and Customer Discovery best practices; however, there is more to implementing I-Corps-based programs than simply teaching the content.
The way in which the course is implemented and the process by which the I-Corps program coaches entrepreneurs and companies to discern insight from their customer discovery interviews is a methodology in and of itself.
Read the Instructor Academy Whitepaper
I-Corps South’s Instructor Academy programs are run at various points throughout the year. There are limited seats for each Instructor Academy, so please reach out now if you would like to attend any of the upcoming sessions.
University instructors and other organizations are invited to participate in Instructor Academy. Applicants are placed into cohorts as space is available. To register to participate in an Instructor Academy program, click the “Apply Now” button below. If you're interested in the next session, reach out to us and we'll fill you in on upcoming Academies.
Attend an Instructor Academy and obtain a copy of the Instructor Academy handbook. Start the process now.
“The two days spent attending the Instructor Academy deepened my understanding of the methodologies of evidence-based entrepreneurship, and provided crucial guidance on how to teach teams going through customer discovery. It incorporates theory as well as practice coaching and critiquing in a mindful manner.”
Nona Black, MBA Candidate at Scheller College of Business
- Thu, Jul 15Virtual ProgramDo you or your team have a great idea for a potential startup? Have you and your team attended a previous introductory I-Corps or Lean Startup training program or course? If so, please feel free to register for the I-Corps South women-focused regional cohort.
- Thu, Jul 15Virtual ProgramDo you and your team have a great idea for a potential startup? If so, come join the I-Corps South Regional Cohort July 15 - August 19, 2021! This program will coach research teams through the basics of evidence-based entrepreneurship and innovation centered on customer discovery.
- Wed, Aug 04Virtual EventIf you're a Georgia Tech Alumni looking for ways to engage with the entrepreneurship community surrounding Georgia Tech's VentureLab and the NSF I-Corps South Node please join this information session. We will be providing an overview of approaches to inclusive entrepreneurship and how to engage.
- Thu, Aug 26Virtual EventThe Female Founders Speaker Series features conversations with successful women entrepreneurs sharing their journeys in building their companies and entrepreneurial experts sharing their knowledge of how to get started. This month come meet Carolyn Pitt from Productions.com
- Thu, Aug 26https://gatech.webex.com/meet/mheffner3Join us to learn more about the Female Founders Phase 1 Introduction to Lean Startup program that coaches I-Corps South female-led teams through the basics of evidence-based entrepreneurship and innovation centered on customer discovery while connecting them with successful female entrepreneurs.
- Wed, Sep 01Virtual ProgramDo you or your team have a great idea for a potential startup? If so, come join our Female Founders Introduction to Lean Startup program! Teams will be coached through the basics of evidence-based entrepreneurship while talking through key topics related to being a female entrepreneur.